Monday, June 28, 2010

Cake!!

About a month and a half ago my husband and I were walking through Joann Fabrics and I saw a flyer for a cake decorating class.  I thought that it looked like it would be a lot of fun, but instead of taking one of their classes I decided to just go buy a few books and teach myself.  Since then I have made five cakes and am completely in love with it!  I can't wait to do more!  Here are the cakes I've made.
My 5th Cake

I made this cake for my niece McKinna's baptism. It was so much fun to make and I'm so glad I was able to make it for her on her special day!

My 4th Cake

I made this Neiman Marcus shopping bag cake and shoes for my sister inlaw Erin's birthday.  I had so much fun making the shoes!

My 3rd Cake

The bow on this cake got a little smashed but it still looked really cute.  This was a birthday cake I did last minute for a girl in my ward.  She was very surprised and loved it!

My 2nd Cake

This cake was for our Grandma Grace's birthday. It was a princess party theme.  The crown was made out of gumpaste.  And in between each layer of white butter cake were fresh raspberries with raspberry buttercream.  YUMMM!!! It was so good!!

My 1st Cake

This was my first cake. It was more of a practice run for our Grandma's cake since I had never used fondant before.  My favorite part is the fondant ruffle on the bottom. It made it look so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment